Business visa expiration

Q & A ForumCategory: Business Visa (M)Business visa expiration
Eduardo Beitia Ojeda asked 4 years ago


I arrived in China with a business visa in March. Due to the visa extension I can be here until Jun 15th.
Before that date, I should leave China and go back but the borders are closed for foreigners.
Is it possible to extend my visa again or go outside China and go back? Hongkong for example.

Eduardo Beitia

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

That’s correct, Eduardo, you and a lot of foreigners cannot enter China again once they leave. 
7 business days prior to the expiration date of your 60-day automatic visa extension(I like to call it “free overstay”), you can go to the exit-entry bureau and apply for a “stay permit”. They will review your case and they usually give out 30 days of stay. They could give more but I haven’t heard of anyone who has gotten more than that yet. 
Good luck!

Scroll to Top