first of all, this site is exceptional and helps a lot. Thanks for making and hosting it 🙂
As the second I would like to ask when would be the best time to renew my work permit and work visa, as you said “Try your best to renew them before your visa expiration date”. They both expire on August 31st.
Thanks in advance and stay safe
Thank you for the kind words.
The answer: Best time to start the work permit renewal process is 2 months prior to the expiration date.
- Processing duration for work permit application: 5-7 business days
- Processing duration for residence permit application: 5-7 business days
- You want to budget the extra buffer time. It is very common that there are issues with documents – missing/forgot to bring a document, typo on a document, lacking information on a document, or additional documents required – therefore requiring another visit or multiple visits.
- Renewals should be less time-consuming and troublesome because you won’t need a couple documents that you prepared when you applied the first time(i.e. criminal record, highest achieving education degree and health examination).
- You can submit your residence permit application as late as 1 day before the expiration date. But again, you wanna give yourself a few extra business days in case you are missing something and need to try again another day.
- I think residence permit expiration date will always match/default to the work permit expiration date. (Correct me if I’m wrong guys!)
If you / your company wants to outsource this painful process to an agency, let me know. I’ll recommend you an agency.