Good Samaritan Case Study 5:

Stay permit application experience and cost

From Samaritan #5:

“The cost was 160RMB for an Irish passport.
documents i needed were: bank statement (in this case i used a screenshot) police registration, and the other 
documents that you mentioned.

I initially asked for a 30 day extension, the lady behind the counter offered me a 60day extension, so after rewriting my personal request for the extension, asking for the 60 days. I submitted everything and was issued the visa 7 days later.

The experience was very easy.

Hope this helps.”

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, Good Samaritan #5!

Please consider sharing your experiences in extending your stay in China and paying it forward to inform others during this challenging time. You can email your experiences / findings at shanghai exit entry at gmail dot com, all in one word. Thank you.  

Visa-related Articles

Shanghai Life Articles

Link your international bank card to Alipay!!

Source: Alipay I appreciate the efforts that the Chinese government is making for the tourists. After all, imagine tourists who want to pay by cash but various establishments cannot provide change due to the lack of local residents paying by cash. For example, I would not be surprised if food vendors at China International Import

Read More »

Online residence registration with the police now available!

Online self-service residence registration with the police now live!! We are all familiar with the law that mandates all foreigners to register their residence within 24hours of arrival at a police station. This causes headaches for both expats and foreign tourists that may result in penalties. (If you stay in hotels, then you’re fine. The

Read More »

Work days & weekend switch-a-roo China International Import Expo 2019

China International Import Expo 2019’s Workday and Weekends Switcharoo for Shanghai Residents Have you seen more police, flowers, quick roadside work or paint jobs on the streets of Shanghai recently?  That’s because it’s that time of year when the government wants us off the streets and clear the way for visitors from people from all

Read More »
Scroll to Top