work permit

Hanah saber asked 12 months ago

Hello, I have a work permit card for working in Shanghai. Am I allowed to apply for a visa from other province. or it should be applied in Shanghai? 

1 Answers
ShanghaiExitEntry Staff answered 12 months ago

Hi Hana, 
To clarify, it seems you have your work permit and you need to apply for your residence permit now. Correct, both work permit and residence permit should be applied in the same city your company is registered in.
Once you have your residence permit, you can choose to live in other provinces in China. To renew it, you’d need to return to an exit-entry bureau located in the same city where your residence permit was registered.

Scroll to Top