Wife's S1 Visa.

Q & A ForumWife's S1 Visa.
Hilton asked 3 years ago

I will be moving to Shanghai from Dalian at the end of July. My wife and children are on existing S1 visa’s. Do I have to re authenticate my marriage certificate before a new S1 visa can be issued to my wife? I hope someone can give advice. Thank you

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 3 years ago

As far as I know, for S1 visas, you don’t need to re-authenticate your marriage certificate because the authorities keep it on their system from the first time you applied for the S1 visa for your family. 
(Side note: however, for S2 visas, you DO need to provide a new authenticated marriage certificate (because the authorities… i have no idea.)

Scroll to Top