Hello, I cam be back to Shanghai 2 Weeks ago, I was ordered to stay at home because of the virus “隔离“. I will be able to go out in 2 days. My worry is that I came back with my old passport which has my residence permit , and my new passport, will I have any problems changing the residence permit to my new passport because I was not able to do it because of the situation of the virus? What do I have to do?
I don’t believe there will be any problems. You were following more relevant rules: 14-day quarantine.
Once you’re done with quarantine, you should visit an exit-entry bureau and apply for transferring the residence permit to your new passport.
Your company HR should help or be able to find out accurate information quickly.
Don’t quote me on this but document you will need are:
1. Original old and new passports
2. 2 Passport Photographs (2 inches size: 3.5cm*4.5cm)
3. Copy of Registration Form Of Temporary Residence (Update with new passport number)
4. Company’s updated Business License copy (3 in 1 version)
5. 1 visa application which need your company stamp it
6. Any kind of proof from your consulate to prove you have a new passport replaced your old passport (for example, the consulate receipt; new passport pickup confirmation email or confirmation letter from the consulate etc.)
Relating to #6… whenever I get a new passport, I always had asked my consulate to link my new passport to the old passport. In my case, it was a stamp saying “Previous passport is [document number]” because I had other countries’ visas in there.
Good luck, Juan!