Student visa

Q & A ForumStudent visa
Irina Shkliar asked 4 years ago

Hi, I’m a Russian student and study hotel management in Shanghai. I am currently staying in Russia (vladivostok) and just got my student visa back, am I allowed to come back to Shanghai and stay in a hotel until universities open again? This way I can do my 14 days quarantine and be ready for school. I just wanted to know if the customs at the airport will let me through.

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

Yes, yes and yes. 
If someone on your plane has recently been to Iran, Italy, or South Korea, then when you arrive in China, Chinese authorities might take some precautionary measures (which I heard takes 8-9 hours). Otherwise, they shouldn’t give you any trouble. You probably have to sign declaration forms saying you haven’t been to Iran, Italy or South Korea; haven’t had symptoms in the past 14 days. 
As long as you stay put and self-quarantined for 14 days, I think you’ll be fine. Staying at a hotel is a smart move because hotels register your passport for you so you don’t have to register with the police yourself offline/online. 
But… are universities resuming classes yet?

Scroll to Top