Student residence permit extension

Q & A ForumCategory: Study Permit (X)Student residence permit extension
Dariia asked 4 years ago

I’m currently in China. I’m a student of college in Jiangsu province, currently living in Shanghai as long as the classes are online. I have to extend my residence permit in November. Do I have to go back to that city where my college is to extend it, or I can do it in Shanghai? I have a letter of admission where it says that I’m going to study till 2023. What documents do I need to bring to the bureau to apply for extension? 

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

Hi Dariia,
Pretty sure it has to be done at a public security bureau / exit entry in the same city your college is located in. 
I am not very familiar with student visas. But here’s the main idea of what you’ll need. 
1. Passport with valid X1 visa
2. Local Shanghai Registration Form Of Temporary Residence
3. 2 Passport Photographs
4. Health Certificate
5. Application letter from the university
6.Original university admission notice
And JW201 or JW202 form 
However, if I were you, I’d visit an exit-entry bureau in Shanghai and attempt to apply… If they say they cannot help you, then at least you can get them to go over your set of documents so that you’ll increase your chance of successfully submitting your application when you visit the relevant city’s psb/exit-entry bureau. 
Good luck! 
Warm Regards,
Just Another Expat

Scroll to Top