Internship Remarks for Student with long-term residence permit

Q & A ForumInternship Remarks for Student with long-term residence permit
Julie CAI asked 4 years ago

Dear Madam, Sir, 
I am a senior bachelor student in Shanghai Jiaotong University in a double-degree program. I planned to do my internship from Feb. 7th to Aug. 6th. Hence, I needed to add an internship remark to my student resident permit. The company and my school did all the papers in January. However, I had planned to go back to my home country for holiday before starting the internship and due to the coronavirus crisis, my internship was postponed to March 2nd and I was blocked in my home country longer than expected. As a result, the papers filed by my school and my company are expired. Moreover, my school’s office is closed until an undetermined date. I would like to know if I can go to the Shanghai Entry-Exit Bureau to apply for my internship remark with those expired papers, since the situation is very delicate?
Thank you very much! 
Have a nice day! 

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

Hi Julie, 
I hope you’ve read my About page and that you know I’m just an expat helping the community and sharing what I know about topics related to Shanghai… 
so moving on.. 
Exit-Entry Bureau’s announced that they will be more lenient (and/or give lighter penalties) given this challenging time period. 
Nonetheless, you should still check with them. Call their hotline 28951900 (9am-5pm on weekdays).
If that doesn’t work, you can also visit one of their exit-entry bureau offices and ask at the inquiry booths. Bring all your papers with you. 
Follow their wechat official account: 上海公安出入境管理
Besides this, I don’t know any more info that could help you. 
Good luck, Julie!!

Scroll to Top