Getting a police check for work visa in China

Q & A ForumCategory: Work PermitGetting a police check for work visa in China
Ben asked 4 years ago

I am currently in the process of getting my work visa, however, my police check has expired since it’s been over a year since my last one. Am I able to get a new one in China? Perhaps since I’ve been in China for a few years I can get a chinese background check? Or maybe I can get one from the embassy of my country?
I really appreciate your help.

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

Yes, your home country’s embassy in Beijing or consulate in Shanghai should be able to provide the non-criminal record document
I don’t think you’ll need the Chinese one to apply for work in China.
But you might eventually need one from China if you ever go to another country other than your home country for work. The next country will want to see a non-criminal record from your home country and other countries you lived in(i.e. China). You won’t have to worry about this until you’re preparing to leave China. 

Scroll to Top