Copy of residence permit

Q & A ForumCopy of residence permit
Andrew Tricker asked 4 years ago

Is it possible to obtain a copy of my residence permit if I am outside of China. Passport has been stolen and I don’t have a copy. 

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

Hi Andrew,

I contacted an expert in the field who checked with his contact at the exit-entry bureau(aka PSB).

Residence permits may only be applied physically in China. And the PSB will not provide a copy of the residence permit.


You’ll need to apply for a Z-visa from your local Chinese embassy/consulate.

Alternatively, you could consider getting a business visa through your company, enter China, and then get your residence permit.

Good luck!

Scroll to Top