Student visa to employment visa

Q & A ForumCategory: Work PermitStudent visa to employment visa
Ali Raza asked 4 years ago

I am a Pakistani national and living in Shanghai for study. I am going to graduate in few days. I have residence permit for education. Currently, I have a job offer in same university. I want to avail that job. Do I first need to exit from China and  then apply for Z visa from home country? As nowadays, it is difficult to return due to pandemic situation.
Does Shanghai exit entry have some relaxation of rules in this situation?

1 Answers
smooth-administrator Staff answered 4 years ago

For Shanghai, you do not need to exit China. I’ve met plenty of people who have converted their visas from non-work permits to work permits, all done within Shanghai. 
I think it’s easier to get a work permit or an entrepreneurship visa if you graduate from a 4-year program from a Chinese university. I’m not very familiar with this though. 
The university HR should be able to help you with this as well as the standard procedure for the work permit and residence permit application.

Scroll to Top